Wednesday, October 16, 2013

All About OPSEC

What's OPSEC? It is keeping the our enemy countries from obtaining critical DoD information. It protects U.S. operations planned, in progress, or completed. Keep you and your SO information OFF any and all social medias such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. I know it's easy to just blurt out how many days or months until your SO returns home but you do not, by any means, want to do that. You don't want to risk the chance of orders being rewritten all because you opened your big mouth and said something you shouldn't have. I can't even count on my hands how many times I've seen milso's writting out their plans for when they come home as well as the exact time, date, and location of where they are or will be for the homecoming. That in itself is a BIG no no! I do not post anything about my husbands whereabouts while he's deployed. I just say the country tops. If it's getting closer to him coming home I don't say I have this many days, etc. I say something like "it's getting closer to hubby coming home and I have to start shopping." That does not disclose when he's coming home or anything like that. It's a very vague response that he's coming home. With that being said, I hope this blog helps you understand OPSEC just a little bit more because it's one of the failed things I see A LOT in the Military AND MilSO communities. It goes unnoticed and in reality the enemy is always watching!

So tell me....... Have you witnessed someone breaking the OPSEC rules? If so, what did you do to fix this situation?

See ya next time! -NaNa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...